So many things have happened recently and I now realize that I don’t want to change myself. That’s OK. The circumstances in my life have changed me into the woman I have become. Many changes have made such a deep impression on my psychic that I don’t think I can reinvent myself. I am what I am. I mostly love who I am. If I was younger this may not be totally acceptable, but many years have just taken their toll.
I want to change my LIFESTYLE! I want VERVE! I am in a rut and have made certain changes to step out of it, but not very big ones, just small ones. So how should I start?
I have looked over my list and decided to pick two or three interests and explore the how, why and what for.
- New Interests: I need different interests and allow doors to open to new experiences for opportunities to do something different. Over the years I have explored lots of things now what comes to my mind most often are not new interests, but ones that I had abandoned: writing, painting, traveling.
- I can’t seem to get enthused over things. (This is where verve comes into play)
Those interests let go of or never explored:
- Travel – I really hate traveling in airplanes now because the seating is totally uncomfortable and whenever the person in front lowers his seat I want to scream and great waves of claustrophobia come over me. I like traveling in a car with my husband and some of our road trips have been memorable and are still laughed about at family gatherings. So I want to do more of that: Road trips with Ron.
- Work less — write more. I once dreamed of being a writer. Maybe my sister and I could write a mystery. Yes, I would like to write a mystery book with my sister. We have talked about this over the years and maybe we could get it done. Our discussions about our story line sometimes included undercover stuff and just doing any of those things would add VERVE to my life.
- Scribble Sisters. Our books of quotes and art need to be exposed to a bigger market. I want to go to a book fair; a really, really big one and meet with people who could help us. Starting with San Francisco then maybe London (even though I would have to fly), would be a dream come true.
- I have begun painting pictures… really. Through a national art program called Paint Night offered in many cities one can paint classical and modern art with the instructions and help of local artists. This has been so wonderful for me. I don’t paint well, but my paintings actually look similar to the original. I’m doing something I have dreamed of, but never believed I could. Next, I want to be be creative and paint something of my very own.
Traveling and writing would open me up to experiences that would certainly allow other changes to happen and I may once again be changed as in the past. That’s OK.
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein. This one encourages me to keep being creative, to keep thinking and be open to change.